Saturday 3 September 2011

Carriages and a mess van

I've been completing my new rake of coaches this week but got a bit bored and so had a rummage in the unmade kits drawer and found a Parkside Dundas 4 wheel freelance coach... never being one to build a kit as the manufacturer intended I decided to add a balcony at one end and make a mess van for the Isle of Stoner track gang. Inside I've put a stove, a work bench and some seating and storage. The roof has been extended over the balcony and I've filed a semi circular cut out in the roof so the gangers don't bang their heads as they climb aboard.



Both passenger saloons are finished and the brake composite is nearly there, all four  new vehicles have entered the spoiling by painting stage. Pictures to follow when much remedial work has been done. I haven't decided on a final colour for the new rake, I did consider snot green and cream but it looks a bit too FR. Might be a paint buying visit to Porthmadog Models tomorrow lunch time assuming the rain has stopped by then; they have a very good range of paints including the games workshop acrylics which I have been using recently.

No comments: