Thursday 1 March 2012

Over the hill

I've finally found some time to do some work on St Ruth. I've used up a couple of rolls of plaster bandage and half a pot of cheap filler and covered the pile of polystyrene which is the extension to Lighthouse Hill. It feels good to have taken this step forward, I need to grasp the nettle and get the points wired up and installed.


I was going to have the cheese factory where the pub and cottages are in this picture but I don't think there will be room for it and its siding, I'll have to re do the track to remove the point from here and try to find room for it on the other side of the river where it was originally going to be.


The tram is pretty well finished but I will need to re think the coupling as it can't even deal with the gentle curve of the platform as it is.


Both the power car and the driving trailer still have loose roofs but I think they will be an interesting addition to the Isle of Stoner Railways passenger fleet.

No comments: