Sunday 22 September 2013

A new coach and some lining

Since the holiday I haven't had much time for modelling but I have taken Arnold Lane Wharf to the exhibition at the WHR Superpower event. sadly I was too busy running about videoing and working to operate the layout so it sat with a selection of rolling stock available from the shop on it. There were some other cracking layouts in attendance and it was nice to meet some familiar names and see a couple of famous layouts in the flesh.

Grace Alice had a run on Bron Hebog and I was delighted that she behaved impeccably and hauled a heavy mixed train with no problem. I only had my phone to hand and the pics I got weren't great but here is one to prove she did run.

 
I also gave Britomart a run, double headed with their version which was still in works grey, sadly I didn't get a picture of that. She waddled more than their one which ran typically perfectly.

Last night I got a while to sit and try to put some lining on Lucy which is progressing towards being a very nice, big loco. I bought some Pressfix gold lining ages ago and never had the nerve to use it but yesterday I plucked up the courage and had a go. Not perfect but not bad from a working distance. I've only done one side so far as it was making my head hurt so I'll try to have another crack this evening. I'll also see if I can do something on the cab backsheet which is a very plain thing. Once the works and name plates come from Narrow Planet I will put a coat of satin varnish on her which will tone the shiny car paint down a bit. Apart from the plates, I've only really got some handrails to add; cab entrance ones and an arc over the smokebox door.


 

You may also have noticed a coach behind Lucy, it is one of the first batch production models from PECO. I've added passengers and a little weathering, mostly to the roof which is rather shiny white. I know what happens to white coach roofs as I look out of the window of the office over the corridor and see then every day. Looking forward to the brake version now. Well done to PECO, I'd better start saving up for the Heljan Manning Wardle now.

No comments: