Sunday 6 March 2016

Rolling along

As part of my sorting things out project I've been going through my rolling stock and I've bought some more boxes from the Range so that it can all be stored at the same time. Part of the plan is to thin things out and hopefully make a few bob for the family holiday fund. One thing I decided was to standardise on the larger size stock like the VoR and L&B coaches, this means I have a surplus rake of FR loading gauge coaches to add to the pile.

More positively I found some stock which I thought was sub-standard but actually which only needs a little fettling up.

The L&B open came from 009 sales


I also sorted out the running of the Krauss seen here with part of the cattle train.

My NWNG Pickering coach, my only brass kit.

Grace Alice with an IoSR mainline train.

The other thing I've done is to sort out a couple of locos which had issues at the exhibition. Namely the Krauss which had suffered from my big hands during conversion. Secondly I added some weight to the side tanks of the Minitrains Baldwin, it has also been subjected to weathering. I have tried to make it look unloved but not like scrap.

The little Kerr Stuart is also progressing.





No comments: