Saturday 19 January 2019

Coaches , a diesel and a bakery

 
Turns out I was right about the primer and so building on that I've been busy with adding some colour. The little van has had a simple brown colour applied, I have another of these which lives at The Cheese Factory and is in the same livery.

 
The Meridian TR coach has been finished in a similar style to its companion, although I didn't check on the brown and so they have a slightly different look, but I quite like that and it helps to add to the slightly careworn look of the train. On testing the rake I found that by putting the couplings on in the intended manor they ended up a bit on the low side so off they all came and back on a millimetre higher.


 
The little diesel painted but not weathered or crewed
 
Castell Coed needed a new building to replace the bakery that I kidnapped to add to Underhill. I enjoy making buildings so I popped down to Porthmadog Models and purchased an Airfix/Modelmaster double fronted shop kit. There wasn't room for double fronted so I chopped a third off and have enjoyed fiddling with it to make it look less 1970s and more 1870s Welsh. Quite pleased so far, painting next.
 


 


 
Finished just in need of paint. The roof ladder is to disguise the join in the roof where I shortened it.
 

I've made some progress with the short bogie coach too but it's damn fiddly to paint, needs some more touching up and only looking at from a distance.

1 comment:

tradgardmastare said...

Splendid looking building. The roof ladder is a great idea.
Alan