Sunday 17 March 2019

Wriggly tin

Not a particularly spectacular week of modelling but I am pleased with how the Mine building painting has come out. Once it is planted on the layout I'll add some weathering powders too which will add a little texture to the rust.
 



Here it is plonked on the layout, it will need some more plaster work to make the area of land available slightly larger but on the whole a success.


Another variation of the buildings being tried at Rock Beach


Ever keen to build a new building I bought a kit

Then built it

It ended up with an extension because the back wall was missing from the kit of parts. Not sure I like the proportions of the building and the roof needs replacing. I've tried a couple of colour variations but the moulding is just horrid. All the rest of the parts are lovely. Watch this space.

1 comment:

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Lord Stoner. I like your Mine -very nice modelling- like the rustic working type finish- it is an interesting building. I hope to be doing something similar later in the year for my OO Layout- when I get started when funds allow. Cheers. KEV.