Thursday 18 April 2019

Wagons roll...!

I've been a busy little bee in the last week or so as I'm on leave and staying at home.

First thing I did was to paint and then weather the 009 Society kits.

I'm pleased with these and they run very freely too.

Next job was to add a filler piece behind the coupling on the new(ish) NP Bagnall. Previously the cab overhung the coupler preventing coupling loops hooking on.


Lurking in my drawer of unbuilt kits had been a Narrow Planet 6point5 Ruston Proctor kit. I decided that it was time to build it despite having no layout at the moment. 

It went together very easily and I'm pleased with the result. 

I also made an open coach by shortening a PQR kit by one seating bay and sticking it on a Busch chassis. The hand brake handle is a spare TR brake van casting.


It looks rather good after painting, the only slight disappointment being with the rather lumpy chassis. I'm sure this can be cured but without a layout it doesn't matter for now.

I have been working on the main layout, having reached the point where ballasting is unavoidable. By way of an experiment I've used ballast and chinchilla dust to ballast the beach siding. 

The main line has been done using my usual filler technique. 


All that remains to do now is to clean this section up and carefully do the points. There is also the final section to ballast in Parrot Inn cutting. 

No comments: