Friday 10 May 2019

Mr blue sky

Another week beavering away at the scenery in every spare moment I can grab, it's quite good to do a little area of improvement and then leave it to set.
 
There is now sky paper all the way along from the quarry to Underhill Town which makes a big difference to how it looks. I'm looking forward to sorting out the large bare expanse behind the beach etc.
 
With some added trees and a bit more greenery texture


Rock Beach Halt is the return of the structures from Three Bridges on the old cheese factory module. I liked the Hornby bandstand that I converted into a waiting room, so I'm glad to see it back on the layout.

The lighthouse originally sat on the hill behind St Ruth station but has been in a box ever since, again I'm glad to be able to accommodate this structure; I do like lighthouses, so having my own one is a bonus.


The new area and track at the mine entrance has had some greenery added and also had weathering powder added to enhance the look of things. I still can't find where I've put the skip wagons and people for it... must be somewhere.

The lighthouse siding now has a ground frame complete with rodding and fpl so will hopefully meet with H&S standards.
 
The green area in front of the big hill has also had a few extra passes with the static grass to vary the colour a bit.

No comments: