Lady Stoner with a maximum train of five
In the afternoon I roughly filled the cracks between the plastic rocks and covered over where the scenery was just lumps of expanded polystyrene. I tried to make it as close to how I envisaged the finished thing but only using a small trowel it was quite rough and had lots of trowel markings in it.
Rough plastering done
A PQR over-bridge
It being my daughters birthday this weekend I went into Bangor to do some secret shopping and to comfort myself for the pain this would entail I went a pretty way which just happened to go near the trackbed of the Penrhyn Quarry Railway. Having been that way before I knew there was a rather nice over-bridge which was crying out to be photographed and then later, modelled. It is a bit overgrown but I took a picture anyway, I'll come back in the winter when the undergrowth is sparser.
I also started the bandage work on the viewers side of the track too. I'm very pleased with how the feel of the station is coming along. A bit Tan y Bwlch but not too much.
The bottom end with the station building in place
These last two pics show where I'd got up to at close of play. You can also see the ground frame hut which I rescued from the shop window diorama at work. It was a Bachmann Scenecraft green house but after a repaint and the addition of a bell and a walkway over where the rodding comes out I think it look the part.
I can't wait to get back in there and get some more done but With the Superpower gala and my daughter's birthday all coinciding it might be a while till I get a chance.