Tuesday, 2 June 2015

Stationary progress

I'm on leave this week and apart from trying to get some domestic stuff done I've found a few minutes to finish the new loco, Lucy and to do some scenery work on the big layout.




Not so sure about the main colour but it seemed like a good idea at the time. Its a Halfords car spray which makes it a bit glossy but while I was in Halfords I noticed that they sell a matt lacquer so I duly bought a can. Being a cautious soul I decided to try it out on some thing which wasn't so crucial if it spoiled;  knew it would be ok on the spray paint but the acrylics were an unknown quantity. Lucky I did as the paint on the roof of the van I sprayed reacted and bubbled up.


Interestingly, the main green colour was fine but the roof was not. I can't remember the makes of bthe respective paints but I'm pretty sure they are different. Anyway another varnish not to be used.




I've finished off the plaster work between the old layout and the new and put the balsa platform former down. It's coming together and I'm quite pleased with the overall look of the thing. The only bit of plaster left to do is the 'ballast' between the platform and 'Collie Bridge' down the hill. really I should do the wiring and make sure it all works but I'll probably find a way to put that off for a while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment