Thursday, 14 January 2016

Bagnall begins

Finally I have got back on the modelling bike, having fallen off it at Christmas. A couple of days ago I sprayed the body of my new Narrow Planet Bagnall kit which was my Christmas present to myself but which had languished unloved in it's box.


It follows the usual NP format of having a 3D printed core with etched overlays which add detail and strength.


I've opted to make the version with the fully enclosed cab as it will hide the motor better.


Talking of the motor, I have managed to disconnect one of the wires from the motor which might be a bit fiddly to resolder. 

One thing the instructions don't make clear is how to attach the body to the chassis which might require some fiddle arsing about too.  The basic bodywork is done which will need some filing and filling and then it will be time for the details to be added. Nice little loco on the way, just need to get the layout finished enough for the February exhibition in the slate museum.




No comments:

Post a Comment