Saturday, 6 August 2016

More wires and some holes

I spent a long evening last night with the soldering iron in action. I turned the board over and added the wiring to all the point motors, this was a little tricky as the holes in the baseboard were only just big enough to allow the tip of the iron to get at the contacts on the motors.

Upside down
 
I also added the sockets for the power supply and the controller to the rear edge of the board. I finished virtually all the under board wiring and flipped it back up the right way to give it a try. To my delight it all worked as it should, it was gone 1am by then so I didn't get any further. Next is the control panel, hopefully I have enough switches to complete it but I haven't checked yet...

Pretty much finished underneath

Back up the right way with all the wires for the control panel flowing out of their holes

No comments:

Post a Comment