I've finished burying the track all except for the points and I've cleaned all the running surfaces and flangeways so that I can run trains again. So far so good.
The point motors are all hidden as is the wiring, (I've done a little bit more than in the picture.) I have the trees for the station end which will do the job of creating a softer end to the layout. One of my next jobs is to start creating a backscene from photographs, mostly it will be sky but a few foothills are needed too.
The next most important job is to build and fit a lid for the electrics. I'm going to screw a piece of wood to the back and then cut a piece of MDF or ply, whichever I find in the junk pile. Then its more filler to make the shape fit.