Tuesday 13 November 2012

Halt

I decided that the cheese factory needed a halt for the staff so I popped out at lunchtime yesterday and went into Edinburgh Woollen Mill where they have a good range of Skaledale buildings. I was intent on getting a small shed but in a flash of strangeness I left with a small village green shelter. With the addition of some Evergreen planking and scale 4x4 timbers it has been transformed into a pleasantly quirky little station building. I made a platform out of the leftover bit from the Ratio footbridge and some other bits including a fence. The two will sit by the tunnel mouth by the fiddle yard and the ground frame can sit over the track and all be looked after by the station attendant. No pics yet but the next two days should yield some time for progressing the layout and getting some photos too.

No comments: