Monday 26 November 2012

Plastered again

Had a cracking weekend at Warley baby sitting Lyd and running the shop for work but I found a bit of time to wander around and look at the layouts. Some were inspirational and humbling as a modeller but I won't let that put me off.


I also found time to do a bit of shopping and got the embossed plasticard to cover the wall behind the nursery. I bought mainly little bits and pieces from Wizard models including the little parts to add the fake point rodding from the ground frames.

Today I got busy with the plaster bandage and filler and I've done the basic scenery. It needs some more filler to smooth out some of the bandage texture and round off some of the flatter bits of polystyrene. Hopefully I'll get time to do this tomorrow and maybe add the filler to make the ballast and ground texture.


The other thing I did today was to move the end of the cheese factory head-shunt so that it is all outside and has a less silly curve in it. I had to extend the wiring and chop the nursery about a bit but it will make it more practical.





No comments: