Monday 7 March 2016

Woodwork and lighthouse

Today was my day off so I started work constructing the new fiddle yard. Not a complicated bit of woodwork so hopefully I won't bugger it up. I'm using another plank of 18mm furniture board which will attach at right angles to the current fiddle cupboard.


The current two sidings will now curve round onto the new board and bifurcate into probably four sidings. I haven't cut the board to length yet as I want to make sure that the sidings are a suitable length to accommodate at least two bogie coaches, a bogie wagon and loco. This will be the new length of the platform at Underhill when that gets extended.

The other new thing is the resiting of the lighthouse from StRuth. I'm gradually demolishing the old layout and this was one of my favourite features and the other night I realised that it would just about fit behind the halt on the new bit. It will need some ground work but I think it will look OK.

It needs some things sorting out bit this gives the idea.

The Baldwin with weathering

The Kerr Stuart



No comments: