Saturday 4 May 2019

Don't it make my brown fields green

 
This week I've started adding greenery and ground texture and it has made a huge difference to the look of things. 
Rock Beach square now has a cobbled surface which is a nice printed self adhesive sheet by ID Backscenes which I bought in Porthmadog models.

The pavement is fiddly to lay as it's individual card stones but the finished effect is very good.
 
Once all the grassy areas were painted with matchpot browns and the track a different shade I got out the static grass applicator and set about greening. This is the first large areas of grass I've done with this technique and I'm pretty happy with the finish so far. A couple of places need a bit more variation but mostly it's all done.

This is a grassy area that needs a bit of variety

I've tried to get different areas to have different lengths and colours to differentiate them.



 
A quarrymen's train arriving at Town Quarry halt. I'm pleased with the water draining out of the adit and down the cutting side into the trackside drain.


I've also started adding bushes on to break things up a bit

The first bit of sand is also done, I've used the same chinchilla dust as the main sand texture and added some slightly coarser ballast as sort of pebbles. The main beach remains to be done.

The main grass is done here but still have lots of detail to add and some sky.

The nursery is coming on too.

No comments: