Tuesday 28 May 2019

Bala model railway show

This weekend I've been exhibiting Castell Coed, The Cheese Factory and Arnold Lane Wharf at the Bala Model Railway Show which is part of the Transport Show and Lake Railway gala. I also had my work hat on so was also in charge of a small sales and publicity stand. The show takes place over three days because the transport show is on Sunday and Monday, for some reason the organisers feel that the model show also needs to be on on the Saturday. This makes for a very long show and also thins out the crowds (?) rather a lot so you spend an awful lot of time waiting to see a punter. We are well looked after and it was a good show with some very good layouts and mine.
 
Our little set up from the front
 
And my view from behind Arnold Lane

Castell Coed has not come home with me as I sold it on to a good home. It had fulfilled its purpose and I had nowhere to store it properly at home; sorry to see it go and glad to see the back of it in equal measures. I hope its new owner enjoys it, I know he has plans to make the siding at the front into a passing loop and it was also pointed out that there is no pedestrian access to the station, so that may change too.
 

It behaved itself very well on its last outing anyway.

 

Last train leaving...

...and coming back
 
The cheese factory train trundled round and round quite contentedly until the chassis overheated and melted into a blob of expensive grey plastic and metal. It had been a KATO Portram bogie; now it is not. Hey ho.

No loco
 
Arnold Lane Wharf behaved impeccably as usual and kept me occupied most of the time.

During time when time was passing slowly I was experimenting with Snapchat to see if I am still a young person. (I'm not) One feature appears to be making people look quite unusual. This is Martin who's little winter layout was the star of the show for me. He is slightly mad in that railway modeller way but not as mad as this picture makes him look, it made me laugh.
 

No comments: