Friday 7 March 2014

Another bloody engine!

This one has been sitting on my 'to do' list for ages but I wasn't quite sure what to do with it. I bought it ages ago in a fit of nostalgia as the first working 009 loco I had was the old Atlas chassied version of this but it doesn't really sit with the rest of the IoSR fleet. I had thought that it might work under a Chivers Joffre but I don't have one and I'm not all that enamoured of the prototype. Two things have conspired to firm up my idea for this ROCO bash. One; I saw a similar idea on evilbay which I quite liked and two; the forthcoming Minitrains Brigadelok will need some company with a foreign accent.



All I've done really is hack off the back of the cab and add styrene supports and a corrugated iron backsheet, carve off the moulded handrails and add wire ones. I've also added new beefier buffer beams with wooden dumb buffers and moved the coal space to bunkers on the side tanks. There are a few other bibs and bobs from the big box of bits and hey presto ready for painting. I've got a brass whistle to add after the painting too. The livery will be heavily weathered matt black, the idea being that she is used in the famous Stoner Quarries; I have a rake of ROCO steel sided wagons which will look the part with her.

I ordered nameplates from Narrow Planet to suit the Brigadelok and another foreigner... so they will be called Agnetha and Anni-Frid. A small tribute to ABBA.

No comments: