Thursday 23 October 2014

How small is that

I've not done much on the layout this week but I've done some detailing on the new Skaledale waiting room. I've made some hanging baskets and hung them on a couple of the remaining etched brackets. The baskets are the ends of Rawlplugs which I whittled rounder and glued some fine chain onto. I'm quite pleased with them even though they may be a bit over scale.



Most of  my modelling time has been taken up making a new little loco on the little Koppel chassis I got from Japan last week.


 Its not quite finished but not far off. Its vaguely Hunslety, like a even smaller version of the little 18inch gauge jobs. Its made of bits from the box of bits. the buffer beams are from Parkside Dundas FR van 10 kits, not sure where the rest is from.



The brake standard is from a Springside water crane kit (watch this space) and the reversing lever is a signal box lever, Wills I think. I've ordered name plates from NP today, it will be named Poppy in memory of our recently departed hound.

It trundles along nicely and will just about heave itself up the big hill. It will probably work OK with my skip chassis coaches but I haven't tried them out yet. I think green is the colour of choice but I'm not sure which shade yet.



1 comment:

Mick Thornton said...

What a super little engine! The cab front/weatherboard is from a Chivers/Five79 RC78 Hudswell Clarke "Culverin" by the way.
The hanging baskets are pretty good examples of imagineering in miniature as well!
I'm really enjoying following the progress reports of your splendid layout. Please keep them coming!
Mick