Wednesday 5 November 2014

More rolling stock

I haven't had time or the inclination to do anything to the layout but I have tackled a couple of kits from 'the drawer of un-built things.' Firstly I've built a couple of PD Glyn Valley/VoR 4 wheelers to complete my rake of these and just in case I loose the will to finish them after Warley... ahem.

I've also built my Chris Veitch FR van 3 kit.

 
I decided to use cyano rather than solder it as I was doing it on the lap tray in front of the tele. It went together very well and will make a nice brake van to go with my small selection of FR vintage goods stock.




Apart from nameplates, Poppy is now finished. It runs OKish but I suspect that with running in it may get better. I did wonder if it was a balance issue but as far as I can tell the centre of gravity is between the wheels. Its more of a novelty than a serious train puller so I'm happy. Goes well with my train of silly skip chassis coaches.




Sitting next to Poppy in the photo above is my new Baldwin 3D print from Chris Ward. Amazingly good print and a very detailed bit of CAD work. I'm looking forward to getting the IoSRs Baldy into action. Makes an interesting comparison with Poppy.

1 comment:

joppy said...

I love the train of oddments.