Monday 11 March 2019

He's on the beach

This week I've been doing some work on the hamlet of Rock Beach which has grown up around the lighthouse protecting Wrecker's Bay. Originally I was just going to have the lighthouse and keepers cottage and store building but I can't help myself when it comes to buildings so now there is a small collection of buildings. Plan A was just a little street but now it has widened out to accommodate the working water feature which used to be in the square at Underhill. In straightening out the railway I lost the space to have a square so the pub is now on a narrow street.
 
Rock Beach

I've decided that the building should be on a removable sub baseboard for ease of building and possible later removal. This is made slightly tricky by the fountain sticking through the board and I want to add street lights and some internal lamination. Not sure how to do this without making it very complicated. A selection of small plugs and sockets I suspect.
 
This is a Skaledale 'Blinkbonny House' that I got from evilbay and have added some details and given a slight repaint, it fits nicely with the seaside feel.
 
The occupier of the new house is a keen gardener and has a greenhouse heated from an old loco boiler. It is the boiler section of the red Garratt in actual fact.

The finished building with it's greenhouse
 
The road to Rock Beach
 
The other building I've been working on this week is the mine processing plant for Town Quarry, the plan is to locate this on the same level as the new adit and for it to have a loading arrangement into the siding in the quarry. The theory being that there is a crushing and grading plant inside.
 
It's mainly made from parts from a Knightwing mine buildings kit

Looking forward to painting and weathering this



 



No comments: