Firstly I picked on Lord Stoner. It is a Langley WD Hunslet bashed onto a Fleischmann 0-8-0 chassis, it runs well but there are things about it which I've never been happy with. One of these was the chimney as when I made it I hadn't drilled it out so this I duly did. It still isn't 'right' but at least the smoke can escape now.
The other loco which ended up with some slightly more effective surgery was Burnmouth. The first mod was to change the couplings for another set of Mr Ts flexible couplings. These looked good but the rear set overhung the bottom of the buffer beam so next I extended it with a spare bit of whitemetal.
Originally I had used an N gauge GWR safety valve cover which I was never really happy with so off it came and I replaced it with a lovely brass casting I got a Warley. Unfortunately I can't remember who from. This meant I needed to move the whistle so I mounted that on the side of the dome and added a pipe to it. With a few paint touch ups to finish off I now have a loco which I am much happier with.
I also weathered the two RT models Dinorwig slate wagons which I had made and painted and then mislaid. They were in a box with a loco.