Sunday 14 March 2021

Plenty of stuff

I've been intermittently quite busy. The first project to be finished is the little Avonside on the Percy chassis, its come out really well and once it has a crew and some plates it will be finished. It runs beautifully and fits perfectly with the IoSR fleet.

Here it is with my oldest surviving loco, 'Syd'


'Puck' is slightly bigger but they look at home together

Here it is on its first trip to Underhill with my rake of PECO four wheelers; all designed by Dave Malton, top chap.

While were looking at Underhill, there have been a few changes at this end of the line. With the operational other end having two platform faces it makes it easier if there is another platform at Underhill. The station wasn't designed to have a second platform but I worked out that I could just about fit a little one in between the goods yard and the run round loop.

Originally I was just going to have the passengers get to the new platform on the barrow crossing but it became obvious that as soon as there was a train in either platform no one could get to or from platform 2.

I found the old footbridge from what had been a part of the original layout but it didn't quite end up in the right place... so...

I dug out the remaining bit of Ratio footbridge and set about building the new bit.

A trial fit and for once my measuring wasn't to far out.

After a bit of work and a lot of messing about with paint, the extension is ready to install. What a fiddly bloody thing to paint, it doesn't bare too close an inspection but should be ok from usual viewing distances.

The layout extension hasn't seen much work but all the new structures are painted and ready to plant.

This is the pair of lever frames.

Due to a filthy, wet and windy Sunday afternoon I also made a new van to go with the tram coaches. It means I can have two tram trains but now I'm having the urge to build a third tram coach...

Here is the finished van with a sheep wagon that I've re assembled from a bag of bits that 009 superstar Stan Williams sent me. The van also has some bits from the same bag; lots more to come from said bag.







 

No comments: