Saturday 10 December 2022

Painted and glazed


It doesn't look like I've done much but I've finished The Old Vicarage with a coat of Vallejo Ground Texture - Grey sand. It is virtually the same colour as the filler but has a fine sand in it so it now seems to have a painted pebbledash finish which is quite subtle and just the job.



Also now complete is the signal box, I wish I'd not glued the interior details into place before painting them but I did and so enjoyed a happy evening fiddling about making the inside a pleasant environment for the signalman.



Glazed and roof stuck on it now awaits it's place on the new layout.



The loco shed is also now complete, the machines are fitted and all looks well. I haven't painted the filler as it looks good as a rendered finish.


In addition to building new structures I am also renovating some previously used ones. This Skaledale product was the station building at StRuth. Not sure what it will be this time as I still find it attractive. It has had a clean up and the roof and sign board have been repainted.













 

No comments: